Monday, March 23, 2009

Help! Help! Help!

I have found the coolest sweater pattern on the blogs. It's an adaptation of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Sweater on Two Needles but it has been adapted for a grown woman!!! Of course I have to try this one out however I'm having one little problem: I don't know how to knit button holes and the pattern doesn't tell you. I've been to a few sites but I just can't follow the directions very well.........I know, I may as well be illiterate. You can imagine my dismay. I cannot proceed without this knowledge and although I've tried it just doesn't seem to work out the way the pattern is meant it to.

Does anybody out there know of any easy to follow button hole directions? Do they exist?

I'm such a knob but I can't very well go to my local knitting oasis to ask seems how I didn't buy the pattern at her store and I'm trying to use up yarn from my old stash bought before I discovered the heaven that is her store.

What to do, what to do?

2 comments:

LLW said...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques

I always find this site helpful - although you said you've already tried videos....but maybe not this one!

Sunny said...

Thank you sooo much!!! A video would be soooo much better. I've tried sites that write out what you need to do but I don't have any freaking idea what they are talking about.
I'll try this one and see if it helps.