Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am now part of a 12 step program of my own making

My name is JennyMac and I'm a knitaholic!

I have a huge, and I mean huge, stash of yarn. It is overwhelming when I think of the amount and how much space it takes up in my room. My goal was to use all of that yarn and knit my little guts out creating all these wonderful finished products for my family and friends.

Well the truth of the matter is that I've finished several projects but my yarn stash doesn't seem to be diminishing; in fact, it is growing!!!

Today I bought another 4 skeins of yarn, beautiful sock yarn like I've never bought before. I'm so excited to begin knitting with it however I must finish my daughter's felted bag first. All that is left to be done are the handles. I am also knitting her a felted knitting needle holder. My challenge to myself is to knit the handles and have them felted by the end of the next weekend. I would also like to finish the felted knitting needle holder by the following weekend.

Really, I just want to leave those projects on the needles and start in on this beautiful sock yarn....but I won't.

Today I visited the local yarn store, YarnonYork, and found out that a bunch of people get together and knit there on Thursday nights. I think I'll start knitting with them as well. Maybe I can start some sort of knitting event in my city such as the events occurring in other wonderful cities across our nation (such as knit the city in Toronto).

Well, I must get back to work so I can pay for my knitting obsession. I have admitted that I have a problem but I don't think I'll move to step 2 anytime soon...I like the obsession!

1 comment:

cuddles said...

The Thursday night knitting group is so much fun. I used to go, and it was always a highlight of my week. I also spent way too much money there every week too... my stash is far larger than it should be! There actually is some sort of a knitting guild here in Freddy. Ask Trish about it when you go back in for the Thursday night group; she was a member of the guild back when I was going to the store for knitting nights. :)